An Earned Reign With Christ
Written by Robert Reynolds on April 13, 2019
REIGNING WITH CHRIST IS EARNED THROUGH SUFFERING
2Ti 2:3-13 (KJB)
(3) Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.
(4) No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.
(5) And if a man also strive for masteries, yet is he not crowned, except he strive lawfully.
(6) The husbandman that laboureth must be first partaker of the fruits.
(7) Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things.
(8) Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:
(9) Wherein I suffer trouble, as an evil doer, even unto bonds; but the word of God is not bound.
(10) Therefore I endure all things for the elect’s sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.
(11) It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him:
(12) If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:
(13) If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.
HOW CAN A PERSON DENY CHRIST?
Tit 1:15-16 (KJB)
(15) Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.
(16) They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.
We are saved unto good works for the Lord.
Eph 2:8-10 (KJB)
(8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
(9) Not of works, lest any man should boast.
(10) For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.