The Fear Of The Lord
Written by Robert Reynolds on August 30, 2019
This world does not have fear of the Lord.
Psa 36:1 (KJB)
(1) The transgression of the wicked saith within my heart, that there is no fear of God before his eyes.
(10) As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
(11) There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
(12) They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
(13) Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:
(14) Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:
(15) Their feet are swift to shed blood:
(16) Destruction and misery are in their ways:
(17) And the way of peace have they not known:
(18) There is no fear of God before their eyes.
Pro 1:29 (KJB)
(29) For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD:
But here is what the King James Bible says about the fear of the Lord:
Psa 111:10 (KJB)
(10) The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.
Pro 1:7 (KJB)
(7) The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
(3) Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding;
(4) If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures;
(5) Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God.
(6) For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding.
Pro 9:10 (KJB)
(10) The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.
Pro 14:27 (KJB)
(27) The fear of the LORD is a fountain of life, to depart from the snares of death.
Pro 16:6 (KJB)
(6) By mercy and truth iniquity is purged: and by the fear of the LORD men depart from evil.
Here is how to fear the Lord:
Psa 34:11-14 (KJB)
(11) Come, ye children, hearken unto me: I will teach you the fear of the LORD.
(12) What man is he that desireth life, and loveth many days, that he may see good?
(13) Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile.
(14) Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it.
The reason why this world has no fear of the Lord is because they have a perverted idea of who God is. They believe that God is a God of love, which he is, and that is all they teach and preach. They forget that God is also a just and holy God. He demands judgment. Here is what is going to happen to those that never trust Christ for their salvation.
Rev 20:11-15 ( KJB)
(11) And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
(12) And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
(13) And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
(14) And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
(15) And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
Here is the judgment that those who are saved will face:
1Co 3:10-17 (KJB)
(10) According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.
(11) For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.
(12) Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
(13) Every man’s work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man’s work of what sort it is.
(14) If any man’s work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
(15) If any man’s work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
(16) Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
(17) If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.
JUDGMENT IS COMING!!! GET READY!!!