Darkness Is Never Good
Written by Ptr. Robert Reynolds on 02/27/2020
(1) In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
(2) And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
Darkness is never good, and is associated with God’s wrath.
Isa 9:19 (KJB)
(19) Through the wrath of the LORD of hosts is the land darkened, and the people shall be as the fuel of the fire: no man shall spare his brother.
Exo 10:21-22 (KJB)
(21) And the LORD said unto Moses, Stretch out thine hand toward heaven, that there may be darkness over the land of Egypt, even darkness which may be felt.
(22) And Moses stretched forth his hand toward heaven; and there was a thick darkness in all the land of Egypt three days:
This world is very dark and sinful. The devil has the world blinded by darkness, and they can not see the truth. The world goes throughout their days with no purpose in life. The world says, eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow we die. But praise God, Romans 10:17 says, so then faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God. We as Christians, should share the light of Christ, and tell the world what Christ has done for us. Share God’s word with the world, and pray for them that the Lord will bring them out of the blinding darkness of the devil, and into the light of Christ.
2Co 4:3-4 (KJB)
(3) But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
(4) In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
Eph 5:8 (KJB)
(8) For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light: