Reigning And Suffering
Written by Ptr. Robert Reynolds on 02/28/2020
Reigning with Christ is an earned reward. It is not automatic. How is this earned? Look at the following verses.
2 Timothy 2:12
(12) If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:
(16) They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.
We should be doing good works for the Lord Jesus Christ. After all, he suffered for us on the cross of Calvary, so that we could have the opportunity to be saved. Let’s you and I examine ourselves, and ask ourselves, what are we doing for the Lord? If we are not doing anything for him, why not? To do good works for the Lord, is why he saved us to begin with.
(6) And Moses said unto the children of Gad and to the children of Reuben, Shall your brethren go to war, and shall ye sit here?
(8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
(9) Not of works, lest any man should boast.
(10) For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
Let me just say here, that we do not do good works to obtain salvation, nor to keep salvation. We work because we are saved! Praise the Lord.