Salvation And Sin
Written by Ptr. Robert Reynolds on 02/28/2020
It is not the things that a person does that send them to hell. It is the one thing that they DO NOT DO! They choose not to believe and trust Christ, and his death, burial and resurrection for their salvation.
(30) And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
(31) And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
(12) That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.
(13) In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
(14) Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.
Once a person is saved, they are sealed unto the day of redemption.
(30) And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
Now, just because a person can not lose their salvation, it does not mean that they can have a free ticket or passs to live their lives the way that they want to. We SHOULD walk in newness of life.
(4) Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
For some that may take longer to do than others. We all do not grow at the same pace, but we sure can pray for one another and bear one another’s burdens
(2) Bear ye one another’s burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.1